I’d give Roy 100 million stars if I could! He is seriously amazing! Here’s why:
1. We had scheduled our maternity shoot for last Saturday, a week after Nemo the blizzard. After searching around, I wasn’t able to secure an indoors location. When we proposed Central Park, he was totally game and even suggested a few more outdoor locations. I really appreciated his flexibility.
2. It was bone-snapping cold that day, yet he took the time to look for the ideal backgrounds and took ample photos of each angle. We entered on the 72nd Street & 5th Avenue side of the park and roamed throughout. He wasn’t looking at the time & rushing. He really put his effort into finding the perfect backgrounds and that we were having fun! Also, he made sure that I had my jacket on and that I was comfortable in between the shoot. Seriously…wow.
3. At the beginning of the shoot, I warned him that I’m very awkward in front of the camera. I hate having photos taken of myself alone. He worked so seamlessly and made it so much fun that we were just being ourselves. Of course, he suggested a few poses every now and then, and those poses were, yes, again, So. Much. Fun.
4. My boyfriend made a few requests with the backgrounds, certain details of the park that he’d like to include. Roy took every request, ran with it, and improvised even more ideas on it. A-w-e-s-o-m-e.
5. He pays immense attention to detail. He kept picking up lint from our shirts and made sure that our outfits are photo-ready. There was a huge wedding party at the park as well and he even noticed the tilted flower on the groom’s lapel and proceeded to tell their photographer (who ignored Roy…or maybe he just didn’t hear him…).
6. Last but not least, just had to say…I felt like a diva for having had two men hoist me up and down the band shell! My boyfriend and I had such a great time climbing up and down the rocks and maneuvering in between exposed tree roots…especially me in my Jeffrey Campbell Lita Spikes! Towards the very end, we shot the rest in my Doc Martens…an unexpected wardrobe change, since my focus was all on my 7.5-month belly so I didn’t plan for any wardrobe change at all, however minute it was ? All in all, there aren’t enough words to praise Roy. He’s simply the best! We had a wonderful, magical time and I really cannot wait to see the photos! We also plan on calling him again for our baby girl’s photo shoot when she’s born ?
Thank you so, so much, Roy!